Thursday, March 27, 2014

Outreach



Outreach

Outreaching to others in my recovery programs has been very helpful. I highly recommend that you pick up a copy of your meeting's phone list. If there isn't a phone list, maybe create one from the sign in sheet at your meeting. 

I am able to text or call a core group of people that I have met since beginning my recovery journey.

Most people are nervous about contacting others in the program. My advice is to call when you are in a good place, so you are comfortable with calling when things are going sideways. 

Here are some tips:
  1. Call someone that you related to from a meeting
  2. Ask if he/she is available to talk when you call
  3. Be mindful of the time 
  4. Be respectful 
  5. Ask how he/she is holding up
I hope this helps you get connected to those in your program. 


Stay safe, sane, and sober!


Sincerely, 







@A_B_L_E_Seattle
@DJBURR1022
www.ableseattle.com
www.facebook.com/ablecounseling

No comments:

Post a Comment