Friday, March 28, 2014

Weekend Retreat: Speaker's Meeting


Have you ever attended a "Speaker's Meeting" or "First Step Share" at a Twelve Step meeting? If so, aren't they fabulous?!

If not and you are curious...check one out. There may be one this weekend. These types of meetings are often at the end of the month. They are platforms for a member, sometimes a couple, to speak about what it was like before recovery and what it's like now. 

I have attended a couple of the last few years, and I have even shared a couple of times. Each time it is a new, enlightening experience. I feel honored to witness authenticity at its purest form. I thoroughly appreciate the men and women that open up their souls and bear all. 

Afterwards, I always stick around for some type of fellowship with group members. We laugh, sometimes cry, but always support one another, which is the biggest blessing of the entire recovery process; being accepted for whom we are-whether we are currently struggling or strong in our individual recovery journey.

I am attending a share this weekend. I highly recommend you check one out. The special meetings are generally listed along with general meetings.

Stay safe, sane, and sober this weekend!

Sincerely,







@A_B_L_E_Seattle
@DJBURR1022
www.ableseattle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment