Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Why You Should Take a Vacation...Now!


I am back from vacation, and I am here to tell you that You Should Take a Vacation…Now!                                                                                        It has been seven months since the last vacation (outside of Xmas) and I needed it! Life has a tendency to get a little hectic for most of us. In order to deal with all the work commitments; family commitments; relationship commitments, and life commitments, we need to make a commitment to ourselves every once in awhile!                                                                    



What I mean is, you deserve to be well. Find something fun to do. Invite some close, healthy friends with you. Hell, even include your spouse if you two are in a good space.

My husband and I just got back from Playa del Carmen, Mexico, and it was fun. I was able to work on a tan (not like I need one), wrote some amends letters and emailed them out, and made a couple outreach calls for support when I needed it.

We also went to explore a place called Xel-Ha, which is an outdoor aquarium of sorts. I snorkeled for the first time and even got in an inner tube and drifted down the “lazy river.” 


While away, I could feel that “my addict” was lurking around. I found myself triggered by all the beautiful people, but I stayed on my side of the street. No relapses and I am forever grateful.
Being in recovery and taking care of ourselves is essential. I hope that you can find the time and space in your life to take a break. You deserve it.
                                                                
Looking forward to more posts in the coming days! Be well and stay safe, sane, and sober!!

Sincerely, 

No comments:

Post a Comment