Monday, February 3, 2014

Recovery Corner: Looking for Recovery Stories to Share!!


I am looking for individuals that would be open to sharing his/her story in the ABLE Life blog. I am creating a new post called: Recovery Corner. This will be an opportunity to share your experience, strength, and hope, as you know it, related to your own personal recovery.

The posts will be anonymous, but the stories will be all true. I am looking to run these stories the week of March 10th. 

Sharing my story in rooms of recovery was one of the most helpful tools I used during my early days. I still share my story as often as I can to those who are interested. I was able to get out of denial about my patterns and behaviors that were destructive and non-recovery related by taking a honest, open and nonjudgmental view. So grateful for all the opportunities to share.

The format I am looking to follow is similar to what you might experience during a First Step share at a meeting:


  • What happened before recovery
  • How you got to recovery
  • What it's like now in recovery
Any length will do. I may have to separate longer stories into parts. I think this will be so helpful to those new and established in recovery. Please be mindful of explicit or graphic material. Stories will be edited. 

Email your submissions.

Thank you,


No comments:

Post a Comment