Saturday, February 22, 2014

Weekend Retreat


Hi everyone! How was your week? I hope it went well.

I am sitting here thinking about what I want to do for this weekend and all I can think of is....NOTHING. Life has been super busy and sometimes I just want to take a break. While I am taking a much needed day off I will be spending time with my family, including my pets.

Enjoying the simple pleasures that life has helps me stay focused on sobriety. When I was acting out in my addictions I would often run away from the "simple" things because they weren't exciting enough.

So glad that I am in recovery. Sitting in front of me are several books that I could read or movies that I could watch. I think I will share my list. Maybe one of the books or movies will be something you might be interested in.

On my living room table I have:

The Migraine Brain by Carolyn Bernstein, M.D.----I hate migraines but I am trying to learn more about them. Part of my "get to know my body" routine.

Out of the Shadows: Understanding Sexual Addiction by Patrick Carnes, Ph.D.----educational and helpful in understanding my own issues.

The Intimacy Factor by Pia Mellody---Always a good read.

Create Your Writer Platform by Chuck Sambuchino----I am learning to create a writer platform so that I can build my audience and hopefully find success as an author.


On my kitchen table are some movies I picked up from the library. I am always down with free movie viewing :)

The Joy Luck Club
How Stella Got Her Groove Back
The Lady and the Tramp
Lincoln
The Odd Life of Timothy Green

Now that I think of it, I have an eclectic taste in books and movies. Nice surprise!

What's on your list this weekend?

Stay safe, sane, and sober.

Sincerely,



No comments:

Post a Comment