Friday, January 31, 2014

Weekend Retreat

Welcome to the weekend; to the end of January; and to the start of February!! I hope you all have been doing well. I have gotten a lot of great feedback about the posts, especially Weekend Retreat. Thank you :)

I love telling people about available resources. Just as much as I love having things to do over the weekend that coincide with my recovery process.  A few months ago, I stumbled upon one of the most heart warming films that I have ever seen and I was pleasantly surprised that it starred one of my favorite actors, Bruce Willis. The film is called Disney's The Kid.

In the flick, Bruce's 40-year-old character is brought face to face with his younger self. He learns a valuable lesson from his childhood, that I think we all could benefit from; we are never too old to heal old wounds.

In recovery, healing our 'inner child' is often talked about subject. The work involves looking at the painful past; identifying what really happened; identifying the feelings we had way back then; and then look how it impacts us in the present. I cried while watching so you may want to have your Kleenex handy!

The other option you have for this week is to read Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others and Start Caring for Yourself by Melody Beattie. Most people in recovery circles have read this eye opening book on codependence. Melody has been providing readers tons of information on the topic for decades. Her books have sold millions! You may even read her daily affirmations that can be found online or in several books. To find out more about Melody check out her website.

Whatever you decide to do this weekend, remember to love yourself!


Sincerely,


No comments:

Post a Comment